I am always amazed at what some professing Christians actually believe is true and from God. For example, we have some who would allow for men and women to sleep together outside of a marriage relationship, or recommend divorce if a person isn't happy in the marriage. Some are led to believe that God actually creates some people with a sexual orientation having same-sex attractions. Still others believe that if there is a conflict between Scripture and what the culture says, the culture has the final say. And there are also those who believe that a woman has a 'right' to her own body. But what is wrong with this picture?
This picture ignores the God of the Bible and replaces the Scriptures with a twisted version of the Scriptures, or a rendition of the Scriptures that doesn't even exist. For example, when I was talking with a group of young professing Christians, they told me it was wrong to be doing evangelism. They said evangelism would turn people away from the Gospel. One even said that Jesus wouldn't want people to do evangelism. What? Where is that in the Bible? Oh yeah, this same young woman also said that the Scriptures must bow to the culture when there is a conflict.
Does a woman have a right to her own body? Where in the world did this idea come up anyway? Biblically speaking, we don't have 'rights' to do whatever we want to do. Our bodies belong to God and we will give account to Him on how we used our bodies. "You are not your own. You have been bought with a price." says the Scriptures.
Whenever we are selfish, someone else gets hurt. When we think we can have a sexual relationship outside of marriage, then get pregnant and have the baby killed, who do we think we are fooling? God is not mocked and He knows what is going on. Just because He didn't send a lightning bolt to kill the offender doesn't mean that God is weak. He is full of mercy and wants the offending person to repent before it is too late.
Why do we think we can have a sexual relationship outside of marriage? Who gave us permission to do this? The Bible has a lot to say about this, and the sin is called, 'immorality'. In the end, unless it is repented of, it will be punished most severely.
There are other ideas out there as well. They contradict Scripture when Scripture clearly says that we should or shouldn't do a particular thing. God's standard will never go away. It will last throughout eternity and it applies to every single person who has been born on this planet.
So, when you hear someone explaining how so and so should get a divorce because it is better for them to get a divorce than to stay in a marriage that they are not happy in, please go back to the Standard. God has said many, many things to us in His word, yet we think He is just sitting up there like a Genie in a bottle trying to make us happy. No wonder we don't fear Him today. We think of Him as someone we can manipulate and someone whom we can twist His arm if we try hard enough.
* Hebrews 13:4 - Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
* Hebrews 4:13 - And no creature is hidden from His sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
* Matthew 5:28 (Jesus speaking) But I say to you, everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
* 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10 - Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolators, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
* Exodus 20:14 - You shall not commit adultery.
* Exodus 20:13 - You shall not murder.
* Revelation 21:8 - But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolators, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.
* Leviticus 20:10 - If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
* Romans 13:13, 14 - Let us walk properly as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and sensuality, not in quarreling and jealousy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires.
* 1 Corinthians 6:18 - Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.
* Ephesians 5:3 - But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints.
* Ephesians 5:5 - For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (an idolator) has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
* 1 Thessalonians 4:3 - For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality.
* 1 Timothy 1:9-11 - Understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their mothers and fathers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, in accordance to the Gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted.
* Revelation 22:15 - Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolators, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
(All Scriptures are from the ESV).
These verses are only some of them which show God's hatred toward sexual immorality as well as other sins such as idolatry, which is basically selfishness and greed.
Who are you going to believe? Will you believe God and what He says in His word, or will you believe the 99% of the people in the culture who say its ok to sleep around and live in homosexual relationships? Who will you face on Judgment Day: The culture you live in or God Almighty?
For more information on the Gospel message, how to have a relationship with the True and Living God, and how to be able to escape the Judgment of God over sin, please go to http://thegospelconversation.blogspot.com