1. I am basically a good person.
2. God wants to take my fun away.
3. I can have an abortion, and no one, but me and the doctor will ever find out.
4. I have sinned too deeply for God to forgive me.
5. If most people sleep around, it must be ok with God, because He isn't going to condemn all of
those people to hell.
6. All religions lead to heaven.
7. I believe in God, so that is all that I need in order to be right with Him.
Well, let's see here what God says about these things.
1. "There is none righteous, no not one." "All have sinned and fall short of God's glory" Romans
3:23 "The heart is deceitful and desperately wicked, who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9
2. Although God's desire is for us to become holy, His desire has nothing to do with taking
anyone's fun away. Life is difficult for those who know Him. Life is difficult for those who
reject Him. We were created to worship Him, and He will fill those who know Him with joy
that is unspeakable. God promises to take care of those who are His (see Matthew 6).
3. While this might be possible in the short life that you will have on earth, this act will always be
in your conscience. You will never be able to remove it. Everything we do on earth is seen by
God. All our activities, good and bad are being recorded in His books. On That Day, everything
we have done in secret will be revealed. Since abortion is murder, that will also be charged to
your account of sin, that is, unless you repent of your sin, and trust in the finished work of Jesus
Christ on the Cross for cleansing from your sins. "There is nothing done in secret that will not be
4. There is no sin that God cannot forgive. God will cleanse the heart of anyone who repents and
trusts in Jesus Christ to save him or her from their sins. "He is able to save, to the uttermost, those
who come to God, seeing He lives forever to make intercession for them." David, the psalmist,
and Saul of Tarsus, had sinned grievously against God, yet God forgave them and restored them
after they repented of their sins and turned to God.
5. If 100% of the people are sleeping around, God will punish 100% of the people. God does not
grade on the curve. Anyone who breaks God's laws will be punished, even if it is only one law
that is broken. If 100% of the people who are sleeping around repent of their sin, God will
forgive 100% of the people. "Sin is transgression of the law". "But as for the cowardly, thefaithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars,
their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”
Revelation 21:8 ESV
6. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me."
John 14:6. Also, "And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven
given among men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:12 ESV
7. Did you know that the devil believes in God? "You believe that God is one; you do well. Even
the demons believe—and shudder! " James 2:19 ESV. Do you think the demons will go to
heaven? They have a place already reserved for them to be punished eternally. There is a
difference in believing something and trusting in something or someone. Knowing God exists is
important, but that alone is not what will get us into heaven. We must trust in Him. He provided
salvation for us to receive. We will not receive it until we see our need for a Savior. Then we
will turn from our sins, and turn to God, and trust in Him.
|The word of God is the voice of Truth|