Spiritual Warfare Prep

Spiritual Warfare Prep
We Are In The Lord's Army

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Life Is Painful - Earth Has No Sorrow That Heaven Can't Cure!

  One of the hard things about life is that life is painful. Why do things have to be so painful? Can't we have a life without pain or hurt?

   I am going through one of those painful times. About seven months ago, my beloved parrot, Petra, died. I spent a couple of weeks playing hospice nurse to her, hoping she would recover. But she died in a seizure while I was holding her. I still haven't recovered from that one.

  We lost our cat last night. He got sick on Wednesday, and I took him to the vet on Thursday, and he died Saturday night. I didn't know that the nap I took on Saturday afternoon was the last nap I would take with Frankie.

  This past year, I think I have seen more people die, who I know, some were young too, than I ever have seen in my life. Friends died. A couple of men became widowers. It is very sad to see.

   Sometimes people go through grieving and become bitter toward God. They misunderstand Him and think that either He is punishing them, or that He is unaware of what they are going through, or that He doesn't care.

   Last year, I talked with a Salvation Army bell ringer. I enjoy talking to them and when possible, sharing the Gospel message with them. As soon as I asked the woman if she had any children, the thought came to mind that perhaps she had a child who died. I almost wished I didn't ask the question after I had that thought. She began to tell me her story. She told of each child, then she told me that she had a son who was killed almost a year before this.

   Great. Just what I feared. But the lady continued. She went through the whole story of what happened to her son, who was in his early 30s at the time of the accident. She was at a neighbor's house, early in the morning, and the people who went to tell her about the accident went to the neighbor's house trying to find her house. When they realized she was there, they told her she would need others around while they explained what happened. The woman fell to the ground reaching out to Jesus for help,  she says. She continued on with the story of how God provided *everything* for the funeral, and how the Lord helped her as she learned to cope with this tragedy.

   I was the one crying when I listened to her story. What impressed me was that she did not become bitter or angry with God because of her son's death. She didn't mention anything vengeful about those who were responsible for the accident. She really praised the Lord concerning this whole incident.

  What I learned from this is that we all have difficulties with some kind of pain in life. Pain can make us bitter and angry. But, that is the default, and we do not have to follow the default pattern for pain. We can trust God in pain, because nothing takes Him by surprise. He feels our pain, even though we don't understand that. When we become bitter or distrusting of God, we are the ones who suffer.

   I believe God wants to heal us. We will not see Him clearly when we are distrusting or angry at Him. He allowed the pain, and will use it as part of His plan as He works in our lives. Pain is not a punishment for us (unless our pain is a result of our disobedience to God) and God will comfort us if we allow Him to.

   If we are grieving, God wants to comfort us. If we are suffering, God will carry us through. God never promised us a painless life. But He promises to be with us and to give us the strength to go through the season of suffering. He also wants to heal us of the pains we have. Please give your pain and suffering to the Lord. He will be with you to comfort you, give you strength, and heal you if you allow Him to.



Here are the words to a song that I heard on the radio this morning. The song is called, 'Come As You Are" by David Crowder

"Come As You Are"

Come out of sadness
From wherever you've been
Come broken hearted
Let rescue begin
Come find your mercy
Oh sinner come kneel
Earth has no sorrow
That heaven can't heal
Earth has no sorrow
That heaven can't heal

So lay down your burdens
Lay down your shame
All who are broken
Lift up your face
Oh wanderer come home
You're not too far
So lay down your hurt
Lay down your heart
Come as you are

There's hope for the hopeless
And all those who've strayed
Come sit at the table
Come taste the grace
There's rest for the weary
Rest that endures
Earth has no sorrow
That heaven can't cure

So lay down your burdens
Lay down your shame
All who are broken
Lift up your face
Oh wanderer come home
You're not too far
So lay down your hurt
Lay down your heart
Come as you are
Come as you are
Fall in his arms
Come as you are
There's joy for the morning
Oh sinner be still
Earth has no sorrow
That heaven can't heal
Earth has no sorrow
That heaven can't heal

So lay down your burdens
Lay down your shame
All who are broken
Lift up your face
Oh wanderer come home
You're not too far
So lay down your hurt
Lay down your heart
Come as you are
Come as you are
Come as you are



He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

No comments:

Post a Comment