Spiritual Warfare Prep

Spiritual Warfare Prep
We Are In The Lord's Army

Thursday, September 29, 2016

God Is The Great Physician

I am writing this because we really do need to know what God is like and what His characteristics are. So many times, we have some idea of what God is like, but we finish our belief system based upon what we think He is like or how we think He should respond to us. Then when the real times of testing come, which they will, our faith fails, or we just turn to another god to believe in. We do this without even realizing it.

So, it all started when I was a toddler. My parents and grandparents were big on going to the 'seashore' as they called it back then (today it is called the beach). Although I loved the beach, I hated the car ride that we had to take in order to get there. I would get sick to my stomach every time, and the car had to be stopped many times. The adults would try different things to make my stomach feel better such as orange juice, tea, and one time, spearmint.

Well, we didn't go too many places once we moved down to Florida, but after I got married, my husband and I would make trips to where his relatives lived, which was about 2 hours away. I don't remember what it was like at first, but then as I began to have children, I couldn't be in the car anymore, without getting sick to my stomach. I blamed it on being pregnant, but then after many trips to Georgia or other far away places, I had car sickness, even without being pregnant. Memories of having car sickness flashed back into my mind and after many of these trips, I gave into the fact that I still had motion sickness, for which no one yet had found a cure for.

About two years ago, I noticed that I was feeling sick to my stomach in the mornings. The stomach sickness became every morning, and it wasn't morning sickness this time! I am not sure what it was, but when we went on a long trip, it really was not fun.

When we were in Georgia that December, I was still feeling sick and having car sickness as usual. I prayed for God's help with all of this. The thought of going back in the car was sickening in itself. I prayed to get well from it all. I committed the situation to the Lord. If God were to not help me, this would be a trip most miserable!

I didn't have the car sickness on the way home. The sick stomach I had went away during the day. I have been on several trips since then and have not struggled with car sickness. It is great. I am thankful to God for taking it away!

The reason I want to write this is because I think that our faith is so small. We want to believe God is there and is for us, but we gauge our understanding of Him based upon our life's experiences instead of on His word. We pray for something and it doesn't come to pass, so we give up on praying. We need a bigger picture!

Here is what Jesus says about prayer:
"If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.  By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples." John 15:7 ESV

Here is what James says about this:
"You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions." James 4:2 and 3 ESV

And here is what the psalmist says about it:
"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 ESV

The key is to abide in Christ. Let His word dwell in us richly. Our hearts' desires will be in line with what God wants. If we aren't abiding in Christ, then we are acting independently of God. 

God still heals people today and brings glory to His Son by doing so. God still reveals Himself to people to and invites those who see their need for Him to come to Him. If you have not come to know Him yet, this is the time. If you are interested in responding to God's invitation, and if you would like more information on that, please go to http://thegospelconversation.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment