Spiritual Warfare Prep

Spiritual Warfare Prep
We Are In The Lord's Army

Thursday, July 3, 2014

My Experience With The Demonic Realm

   People tend to have overactive imaginations. Combine that with the adrenalin flow that comes while watching a horror movie!
  For those who live in the demonic realm, it is like living in a horror movie, but it is real life, not just a stretch of someone's wild imagination.
  I received a Ouija Board for a present one year. It was something I requested, but after I opened it up and started using it, I wasn't so sure I wanted to continue to use it.
  A friend would come down to my house and we would play on the Ouija Board. He seemed like an expert at it. I more or less sat and watched, but I did participate some in it.
  About this time, I was probably in sixth grade, and I was already scared at night. But there were things that were happening now, that were more than just my imagination. I heard a man's gurgly voice, occasionally during the night. I could never hear what the words were, but whenever I heard the voice, it was always the same one.
  This went on for a long time. Then we moved. The Ouija Board came with us. The voice also came with us. I heard it at night again.
  After a couple of years, there were more voices. They were men's voices, and sometimes they would laugh. They were having a conversation during the night. Just short conversations, some laughter, then it would stop. I was scared.
  I have to inject here, that I was not a Christian at this time in my life. I knew that there were probably ghosts that existed, but didn't really know exactly what they were. No one believed me when I tried to tell them about the voices.
  The final episode came when I was almost 15 years old. One morning, after my dad left for work, and it was still dark, I was lying there in my bed. I heard the voice. This time, it called my name. It sounded like surround sound. Couldn't tell where it was coming from. It called my name again. Not too long after that, I got rid of the Ouija Board and never heard the voices again.
  I write this for a couple of reasons. First, I know there are a lot of young people who take the occult lightly. We don't think much of the demonic realm. We dabble in the Occult fearlessly. We don't fear God, nor do we take the occult seriously. We are asking for trouble when we get involved with Occultic activities.
  Parents need to know that, even if you have a good solid Christian home, there is a good possibility that your child is involved in the Occult. He might not have a Ouija Board, but he might be listening to demonic music. He could be involved with drugs. Don't be surprised when your child does sinful things. He might be keeping it from you and blocking you from his private life, but look for signs of the works of darkness.
  Also, being involved in Satanic activity can be traumatic for a child. Don't ignore his or her fears. Don't pretend things aren't happening or deny the presence of the supernatural. This kind of activity could lead to mental illness if left untouched.
   I have to remember back to a story I read about Jamie Buckingham's son, who listened to questionable music during a period of time in his life. He knew the music he listened to was not good, nor was it based upon truth, but he listened to it anyway. One day, a force held him down and he could not talk (he was on his bed in his bedroom). If I remember back correctly, he was unable to break free. Whatever this demonic hold was, it had to do with the music he was listening to, and something to do with the label cover of the album in question.
   We are not playing games here. This is real life. When we poke at the demonic, there will be consequences. We need to rid ourselves of anything that will open the doors to the demonic realm. We need to be freed from them, not enslaved by them.
" And the man in whom was the evil spirit leaped on them, mastered all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.  And this became known to all the residents of Ephesus, both Jews and Greeks. And fear fell upon them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was extolled. Also many of those who were now believers came, confessing and divulging their practices. And a number of those who had practiced magic arts brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted the value of them and found it came to fifty thousand pieces of silver.  So the word of the Lord continued to increase and prevail mightily." Acts 19:16-20 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment